Ex-Dean, Indulged in unauthorized Brokerage/ Commission Sale while holding the positions in the year 2009-10. Utilizing 11th five year plan money, he procured chemicals (two impurity standards) from a local manufacturer, M/S Ind Swift Labs, Panchkula for Rs. 7.5 lacs ( Rs. seven lacs fifty thousand) and sold the same to the United States Pharmacopeia for Rs. 20.8 lacs (Rs. twenty lacs eighty thousand), thus carrying a profit of 13.5 lacs on the sale. He has submitted a claim under the disguise of consultancy services of NIPER a share of the profit under advisory as well as research consultancy. From a a bare perusal of the facts, it is clear that Ex-Dean has gravely misused his official position and his act may bring disrepute to the stature and reputation of NIPER.
1. RTI document obtained from NIPER
2. Agenda of consultancy committee
1. Act of Ex-Dean in buying chemicals from one source and selling it to another is a clear act of treading.
2. Act of Ex-Dean as a responsible senior officer of the Institute, who is well aware of the rules, and also knowing he has not given any advice or research efforts in this ‘Brokerage/ Commission Sale’
3. More over the by distributing 21.5 lacs the initial investment of the institute 7.5 lacs is also not returned. Which mounts a case on ‘embezzlement of Govt. money’.