Recruitment of Medical Officer without advertisement,
- RTI Document obtained From NIPER
- Supreme court Judgment CIVIL APPEAL NO. 1272 OF 2011
- A gynecologist is recruited for approximately 550 male students and 100 female students putting medical need of students in jeopardy.
- Officer recruited without advertisement is wife of Officiating director’s friend, thus a clear case of nepotism.
- Remuneration paid is Rs 10000 per month for five hour a week which is substantially higher then what is paid to the previous doctor.
- Para 19 of the judgment CIVIL APPEAL NO. 1272 OF 2011, “Therefore, it is a settled legal proposition that no person can be appointed even on a temporary or ad hoc basis without inviting applications from all eligible candidates. If any appointment is made by merely inviting names from the Employment Exchange or putting a note on the Notice Board etc. that will not meet the requirement of Articles 14 and 16 of the Constitution. Such a course violates the mandates of Articles 14 and 16 of the Constitution of India as it deprives the candidates who are eligible for the post, from being considered. A person employed in violation of these provisions is not entitled to any relief including salary. For a valid and legal appointment mandatory compliance of the said Constitutional requirement is to be fulfilled. The equality clause enshrined in Article 16 requires that every such appointment be made by an open advertisement as to enable all eligible persons to compete on merit.”
- Moreover she was reluctant to show up in need; one-night hostel students consumed Dal with a Rat cooked in it, she refused to show-up to check up students.
NB:- Adhoc appointments without advertisement are rampent @NIPER